Peterborough and Surrounding Areas
Due to an expansion in our portfolio in and around Peterborough, we are looking to employ an experienced and confident Working Site Supervisor who will control and manage new build sites at. This person will be the first point of contact on site, representing M. Yould Plumbing and Heating.
This person will be expected to begin by supervising and maintaining regular communication with office colleagues. Whilst this is predominantly a supervisor role the post holder is expected to be willing to be hands on where necessary across the sites.
Key activities for the post holder:
- Will be the key person representing M. Yould Plumbing & Heating.
- Will be proactively involved in supporting and communicating with the site manager and contractors throughout the duration of the projects to ensure our company adheres to programme time scales and expectations. The post holder will have the ability to respond positively to the needs of contractors.
- To proactively problem solve on-site issues and report any contract variances.
- Must be able to assess specifications, construction drawings and contract information to evaluate solutions and devise appropriate course of action.
- Ensuring works across the sites are working efficiently, organising materials between on-site plumbers and the company office and ensure that materials are stored safely and any shortages remedied early.
- Monitoring daily work activities, reporting progress and escalating issues of concern.
- To maintain a detailed record of site conditions, progress and materials used to undertake works.
- To support and communicate effectively with all on-site plumbers, supporting with problem-solving and other needs which may arise.
- To promote good practice at all times and to ensure that all on-site plumbers are working in line with the good practice guide; snagging plots regularly to maintain high quality and reduce maintenance issues across the projects. The post holder will have the ability to provide constructive and useful feedback to on-site plumbers.
- To monitor on-site plumbers to ensure they are working in-line with the site rules e.g. sign in, inductions, site working permits, health and safety, are using the required personal protective equipment, handover paperwork completed to standard etc.
- To deliver regular ‘toolbox talks’ to on-site plumbers.
- Must have practical experience of project reporting, programme management, and supervising.
- Depending on site programmes, the post holder will be required to focus their capacity on where it is needed in order to support completion of works within timescale.
- Must have a valid CSCS card.
- SSSTS preferred.
- Gas Safe qualified.
- Unvented hot water.
- Must hold a Valid UK Driving License.
Full time, permanent PAYE or CIS
Dependent on experience